Today I got nominated by CountryBoyCityGirl for the Versatile Blogger Award!!! She left me a comment that said, “I really enjoy reading your blog. Your photos are beautiful! I have nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award.”
My heart lept! It LEPT out of my chest!! REALLY? ME? She picked me? How nice and exciting!! I’m THRILLED other people really read my blog and maybe get some enjoyment out of my nonsense …and what is the versatile blogger award anyways?!?!
After a little research I realized that there are a couple of rules…so to follow in the spirit of tradition and “paying it forward” here’s how it goes…..
The rules to be followed when accepting The Versatile Blogger Award are:-
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate and inform 15 fellow bloggers.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Add The Versatile Blogger Award picture to your blog post.
To start this off right I want to send an UBBER Southern Cowgirl Hospitality style THANK YOU to CountryBoyCityGirl for taking the time to read and view my blog and nominating me….if you were here in Oklahoma you’d get a big ole smile and a hug (that’s just how we do it around here.)
I’m honored and excited… and also thrilled that she turned me onto her own blog….it’s cute and I’m loving her blogs about her mules….haha!!! You should check her out…especially if you are a Ree Drummond Pioneer Woman follower! I think we mighta changed positions….I’m a country girl who snagged her a big city skippin umpire! I’m trying to dust my boots off and tone down my bling so I don’t stick out like a sore thumb too much at those baseball games. Maybe I can learn a thing or two…….
(SARCASTICALLY) Now I’m sure for the part you’ve all been waiting for… 7 Random Facts about Dustie: 😉
1. I have no real plants in my house because I can not keep them alive. My mom can make a dead stick grow…..but I did not get her green thumb!
2. I have numerous journals of personal writings in my library….I swear there are lyrics just waiting to be discovered for an award winning song decades from now…but should probably be burned before any future generations of mine get to lay eyes on them. LOL!
3. One of the most important achievements of my lifetime was being voted Miss Congeniality at the 2002 Miss Rodeo USA contests by 22 other contestants….. although common belief says it’s the “pity award”….I disagree!! It was a valuable lesson in how we don’t have to be the BEST at everything to be a winner – sometimes it really is about HOW you TREAT other PEOPLE! A smile IS the universal language! 😉
4. I want to believe that mermaids, fairies and magic exist.
5. I was a bartender in College and although there is a stigma….it was one of the BEST jobs I ever had. Sometimes it’s not what they teach you in school that teaches you all you need to know about life. Like…how NOT to act. 🙂
6. My heroes will ALWAYS be cowboys! ❤ John Wayne, Oklahoma State Cowboys, Pistol Pete, my dad……
7. I secretly LOVE staying in hotels…..all the hot water you want for the longest bath you want to take….with no interruptions! Ahh BLISS! 🙂
Next Rule…..“Nominate and inform 15 fellow bloggers”. See, this is when I started to get a little anxious….because I’m a work in progress and still don’t have all this “blogging” stuff down….especially the part about following other bloggers! 🙂 What a fantastic challenge for me to start meeting them huh?!?! So here we go to “pay it forward.”
I do have a couple of favorites and some GREAT and loyal people who follow, encourage and inspire me…. so here are my 15 nominations in hopes that they are as excited as I was to know there are people who think you’re doing a GREAT JOB! Keep on bloggin’:
Congratulations!! I hope you are as eager as I am to get to expand my circle of friends in the blogging world!
~Sparkle and Spur
“There are no shortcuts to life’s greatest achievements.” ~Anonymous
“Press on- nothing can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Perseverance and determination alone are omnipotent.” ~Calvin Coolidge